Guardian Training Classes
The Guardianship Alliance of Colorado provides training for guardians of adults. The 4 hour class includes a 100+ page loose leaf handbook and covers topics such as:
- duties, responsibilities and limitations of a guardian’s authority
- financial management
- how to make decisions on behalf of a ward without being overly protective
- medical, ethical decision-making
- how to be an advocate
- finding and evaluating services, programs and benefits
- when and how to terminate a guardianship
- preparing and using a guardianship plan
- record keeping
Class fee is $200. (Free for volunteer guardians)
Next Guardian Training Class: Tuesday, March 10 5:45 – 9:00 pm
To register, please call the GAC office at 303-228-5382. Please clearly state and spell your name(s) and mailing address.
Guardian Training classes are scheduled periodically, as needed. For further information and assistance, call Guardianship Alliance at 303-228-5382 or send an email.