The Statewide Support Programs of Ability Connection Colorado
Ability Connection Colorado provides the tools and services to help Colorado families thrive. One of our founding mother’s said it best, “it’s about developing support by bringing together parents and friends throughout the state for assurance and guidance in the development of disabled children.” It is the work ACCO continues 70 years later, with five Statewide Support Programs. Each of these support programs provide critical services and resources to help parents advocate and care for their sons and daughters with disabilities at every stage of life. This includes:
- EMPOWER Colorado: Resources, support, and advocacy for families whose children are living with mental illness.
- Faith in Action: Assistance for seniors and individuals with disabilities with their activities of daily living.
- Guardianship Alliance of Colorado: Colorado’s resource for information and training related to the guardianship process and protecting the rights and dignity of vulnerable adults.
- Infantile Scoliosis Outreach Program: Resources and support for progressive infantile scoliosis and early treatment with Mehta’s Growth Guidance Casting for affected babies.
- Parent to Parent of Colorado: Connects families of sons and daughters with disabilities and special health care needs to support and resources.
Last year, more than 55,000 volunteer hours were logged by this incredibly powerful group of five programs – and more than 32,000 individuals and families were served. Discover the array of support these five groups provide – and find the services you and your family need to thrive!