THE VALUE OF SUPPORT GROUPS
Support groups can provide:
- A safe, nonjudgmental, confidential outlet for sharing with others who have had experiences similar to what you are going through.
- Understanding and reassurance that you are not alone
- Opportunities to share experiences and knowledge on personally difficult topics with people who empathize and understand
- A space where new, supportive relationships can grow
- Resources, speakers and information
For locations and times, like us on facebook or call EMPOWER Colorado at 1-866-213-4631
Empower support groups are family members and caregivers of children and youth with mental health and behavior challenges that come together to support one another emotionally and socially. Our support group is currently located in the north Denver metro area. We are looking for other locations as well. A light dinner and childcare are offered free to families. Occasionally we have guest speakers on topics that are relevant and important to family members.