Creative Options for Early Childhood Education
Creative Options Update to COVID-19
Updated April 1, 2020:
We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our community, clients, and team members very seriously.
There are some very confusing timelines being mentioned and we are waiting to hear if it is recommended to change our re-open date from April 20th to April 30th. We know these times are very unsettling and we want to do our part to keep everyone safe and healthy. At this time, we still do not know of any confirmed cases within our organization.
We continue to be committed to providing support and resources to our many families with in the state through our Statewide Family Support Programs: EMPOWER Colorado, Guardianship Alliance of Colorado, Infantile Scoliosis Outreach Program (ISOP), and Parent to Parent of Colorado via telecommunications. Our Employment Works team is also continuing their work with our clients via telecommunications as well.
Our Creative Options for Early Childhood Education staff continue to reach out to our families and children, to provide support and resources via telecommunication to help get through these times.
We have been very fortunate to receive donations of needed diapers, wipes, cleaning supplies and gift cards from Regis and other community members to help support our families in need.
If you care to make a donation to continue these efforts to support our organization, please contact Jennifer Peitzmeier at 303-691-9339 or Terri Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to update this website with new information as it becomes available. You may also reach us at email@example.com.
Please remember to stay safe and connected during these times.
Chair of the Board
President & CEO
Children of all abilities and economic circumstances learn and thrive at all five (5) locations of Creative Options for Early Childhood Education throughout Aurora and Denver.
Our mission is to facilitate individual development for children through family support and a nurturing educational environment. Our focus is each child’s strengths, while promoting his or her social-emotional, cognitive, communicative and physical development.
More than 40 expectant mothers and 450 infants, toddlers and preschool children and their families receive prenatal and early care, intervention, prevention and other support and educational services.
The full time professional staff and support teams at Creative Options include:
- Early Childhood Educators (Bilingual)
- Special Education Consultants
- Social Emotional Coaches
- Mental Health Specialists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Family Service Staff
The results of this comprehensive approach:
- 100% of the children enrolled in our programs are screened for developmental and health concerns resulting in early discovery of any delays or potential delays
- Often, these early services reduce the need for special education later
- Preschoolers at Creative Options demonstrate 93% proficiency in literacy, language development and developmentally appropriate social-emotional behaviors as they enter kindergarten
- Over 70% of our families attend Parent Nights, participate in Parent Educational offerings, and volunteer at Creative Options Centers.
- Parents learn about their child’s development while developing their own life and parenting skills
- Parents share that they feel respected and appreciate being treated as partners in their child’s health and educational development
- Infant Care: 6 weeks to 12 months (Full Day Full Year)
- Toddler Care: 12 months to 3 years (Full Day Full Year)
- Preschool: 3 years to 5 years (Full Day Full Year and Half Day School Calendar)