Guardianship Alliance of Colorado
Guardianship Alliance of Colorado’s purpose is to provide comprehensive professional private, contractual and volunteer guardianship services in order to protect the rights and dignity of vulnerable adults. Information and training is also available related to the guardianship process.
- To improve the statewide system in Colorado that provides and monitors guardianship and conservatorship appointments for adults.
- To promote the establishment of Advance Directives (the Living Will and Durable Powers of Attorney) by all capable adults in Colorado, which will reduce the need for guardianship and conservatorship
- To provide training and ongoing support to Guardians of vulnerable and at-risk adults in our community.
- To establish a network of volunteer Guardians from within our community, to provide quality Guardianship services to vulnerable and at-risk adults who lack the resources for a private paid Guardian.
- To ensure that community organizations have access to information and resources to establish Guardianship for their consumers who are in need of a Guardian.