At Ability Connection Colorado (ACCO), we are so fortunate to have an incredible community of support – both internally and externally – including amazingly dedicated employees, volunteers, corporations, and foundations who care deeply and commit themselves to the mission of ACCO. On March 18, 2016, we held our bi-annual Citywide Meeting, where employees and community members gather to celebrate individual and organizational achievements, and recognize the many who make this work possible. We wanted to share these great recognitions with our larger community, since not everyone could attend due to the incredible snowfall on this day.
- Noble Energy is our Outstanding Corporate Sponsor of the Year! Thank you for your generosity and support. For more than a decade, you have made a difference in our work and the 40,000 Coloradans we serve every year.
- The Sam S. Bloom Foundation has partnered with us for nearly 20 years. Thank you for being our Outstanding Foundation of the Year – and for so many years of support and commitment!
- Our Outstanding Family Advocates of the Year are two strong and determined women, Maureen Welch and Dawn Caldwell, who are amazing parents and members of Parent to Parent of Colorado. Thank you for being incredible advocates for the thousands of families across Colorado who care for their sons and daughters with disabilities, ensuring these families get the care and resources they need.
- A big congratulations to our Outstanding Volunteers of the Year! We truly could not serve 40,000 Coloradans without your incredible commitment and time. Thank you for your hours of care and service!
Jacob Wells and Sean Michael Daly – both of whom are mentors in our Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program (RAMP), meeting young people with disabilities where they are and providing pathways to success in education, career choices and life.
Elizabeth Embry – who has been volunteering with our Guardianship Alliance of Colorado program since 2009. Wow! Thank you for working to protect the rights and dignity of vulnerable adults.
Dave Stackhouse and Jerry Medina – who have volunteered for decades at our annual Colorado Concours d’Elegance & Exotic Sports Car Show. This event raises tens of thousands of dollars for our Creative Options Centers for Early Childhood Education.
- Our Outstanding Employees of the Year are Betty Bailey and Stella Grinage-Hirn. Both of these amazing women have been with ACCO for decades, and making our Creative Options Centers for Early Childhood Education the incredible learning, caring, and community-focused centers they are today. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Congratulations to Rita Sebastian and Porfiria Cano – our Outstanding Teachers of the Year! Thank you for your work, compassion, and the individualized attention you give to the hundreds of little ones at our Creative Options Centers for Early Childhood Education.
- A special congratulations to Edith Fiores for Outstanding Family Support of the Year! We are honored to recognize you for your amazing service at Creative Options Centers for Early Childhood Education. Thank you!
Thanks again to everyone in our community for their incredible service and time – and for supporting the thousands of Coloradans we provide services to every year!