Private Guardianship Services
GAC’s Peace of Mind Program Provides Professional Private Paid Guardianship
Guardianship Alliance of Colorado understands the challenges of taking care of a loved one who is vulnerable or unable to make decisions for themselves. If you have a parent or adult child who needs ongoing advocacy and oversight, GAC can help! Our Professional Guardians are experienced and trained using the National Guardianship Association’s “Standards of Practice” to provide your loved one with the highest level of care and advocacy, to ensure they are treated with the dignity and respect they deserve.
Why choose Guardianship Alliance of Colorado?
Guardianship Alliance of Colorado was founded in 1989 by Alice Kitt, the mother of a developmentally disabled child, in response to being told that she should institutionalize her son. Kitt wanted to create a program that worked to ensure that individuals like her son, would continue to receive the same dignity, respect, and autonomy that she provided.
In 2008, shortly after Kitt’s passing, Ability Connection Colorado committed to continuing her legacy and maintaining Guardianship Alliance of Colorado as one of its programs. Part of our commitment is to carry on Kitt’s unwavering values and dedication to all individuals in need of Guardianship.
Guardianship Alliance of Colorado will provide the following for your loved one:
- We strive for a kindred relationship with our clients It is our purpose to develop a relationship with our clients that is akin to that of family member. This kind of relationship perpetuates a nurturing atmosphere and allows us to build trust and a mutual connection with our clients. We take great pride and responsibility in caring for your loved one, especially when you are unable to.
- We offer around the clock availability Guardianship is not just a day job. There are moments when decisions need to be made outside of normal 9 to 5 business hours. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure that any important care decisions can be made without delay. You can depend on us, night or day.
- We provide individual attention Every person requires different needs. Our highly experienced Guardians carry small caseloads to provide each and every client with the individual attention they deserve. From maximizing benefits to providing services that best fit personal needs, we dedicate the time and resources necessary to ensure a safe and satisfying lifestyle.
- We ensure our clients are treated with the utmost care and respect First and foremost, we believe that regardless of an individual’s diagnoses or level of functioning, they deserve to be treated with the utmost dignity, respect, and level of care. For us, this is not negotiable, and we will ensure that any and all facilities and service providers involved in care adhere to these requirements.
- We ensure our clients are given the autonomy they are capable of We understand that each individual can function at a different level and deserves the independence they are capable of. As Guardians, it is our commitment that we allow each of our clients to have that independence, as long as it is does not interfere with their safety.
- We ensure our clients’ health and safety are continuously and carefully monitored Health and safety are our priority and the primary purpose for our existence. We are immensely involved in our clients’ care. We conduct both planned and unplanned visits, collaborate closely with doctors and other care staff, and participate in all care planning. We pay attention to details that can alert us of issues and ask important questions when necessary.
- We will provide complete transparency As the organization you have chosen to be the Guardian for your loved one, we understand that any interested parties should share concern for the health and well-being of that individual. We are required to provide annual reports to court explaining the health and well-being of all clients under our guardianship. Upon request and to the extent any applicable laws allow, we will provide relevant reports, including our billing, for your peace of mind.
Is Professional Guardianship the right option for your loved one?
- Do you have a plan for your at-risk adult child when you are no longer able to provide care?
- Do you have a parent or other relative with a neurocognitive diagnosis, who you do not live near or are unable to provide assistance for?
- Do you have a family member with mental health diagnosis and they have become difficult for you to manage?
For more information on Professional Guardianship please contact 303-226-5526