The Guardianship Alliance provides information, referrals, and assistance for individuals, families and organizations about:
- guardianship and conservatorship for adults who are incapacitated and/or vulnerable;
- Advance Directives (the Living Will and Durable Powers of Attorney);
- Proxy Decision-makers for Medical Treatment;
- how to terminate guardianship and conservatorship;
- what to do about abusive and/or exploitive guardians and conservators;
- other related information.
Referrals are made to attorneys who specialize in guardianship, conservatorship, advance directives, and estate planning.
For those wishing to petition for guardianship, in non-contested cases, a class is held twice each month where “pro se” packets are available along with instructions about completing the forms and the procedures to be followed. Only information about the process is provided. Legal advice is never given. The fee for the class and packet is $125. A PC disk is included which contains the necessary forms for petitioning for guardianship of an adult.
For information and assistance, call the Guardianship Alliance at 303-228-5382 or send an email.